The Scriptures teach that the family is God’s ordained unit for society. We strive to encourage and equip RFBC families to fulfill their God-ordained roles as fathers, mothers, and children. We are committed to help found families on Jesus Christ and to encourage healthy growth toward Christlikeness in both parents and children. Family ministries is a staff-wide commitment to prioritize and build up biblical sound familes of all shapes and sizes.
Our mission statement: Family Ministries at RFBC exists to help equip people with skills for marriage and parenting by teaching, modeling, and applying God’s Word.
By God’s grace, the pastoral staff hopes to strengthen the families at RFBC by:
- Strengthening biblical marriages.
- Providing premarital training and equipping.
- Teaching classes aimed at growing in our roles as men and women, husbands and wives.
- Providing counseling and discipleship opportunities regarding God’s plan for marriage.
- Encouraging family fellowship opportunities.
- Providing resources for homeschooling, supporting several programs which suppliment homeschool education, as well as facilitating children's sports and activities.
Opportunities are available to assist and minister in many different areas. To help get "plugged in," or for more information, contact Pastor Jim Kistner at the church office, 977.1789.
Curious what all these sites are about? Click Here for more information on these resources or click the images above to be redirected to their site.
Preschool and Elementary Parents
We believe one way to minister to our children, is to also minister to our parents! HEROES children's ministry sends out a monthly e-letter called "Parenting Today's Kids". The newsletter includes teachable moments, culture and trends, quick stats about this generation, and media madness (information about games, apps and sites). If you are not receiveing this e-letter and would like to be added, please click here.
Connect with us at our HEROES Children's ministry facebook page!
Middle and High School Parents
Here's how you can be connected to the student ministry...
Parent Facebook Page
Connect with us on our Parent Facebook Page! We will have updated information on this page, also answers to any questions you may have!
Parent Email Newsletter
Each week we send out a Parent Newsletter with:
- A Sunday Night recap inlcuding what we studied in large group and discussed in small group.
- Updates and reminders of news and events.
- Relevant parent training.
- Links to Resources.
- And more.
Click here to view our archived messages and to sign up for these emails.